_

_

5.07.2010

1950's bathing beauties.

1950's Bathing Beauties by Shannon D1970.

This is from an old German magazine.
I love everything in this photo, from the vintage swimsuits to the beach straw hats.

There is something about old magazines that I enjoy flipping through.
Whenever I visit any antique store I always make sure to scavenge the old magazine section.
It's interesting to see how styles and perspectives have evolved, changed, and appear again in different forms.


photo found via flickr

3 comments:

  1. Wow- this picture is breathtaking!! Old pictures are so.........what's the word I'm looking for? Beautiful? Inspiring? Jubilant? Gorgeous??

    I just can't find the words.

    But I love this a lot :)
    beautiful swimsuits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart that red suit. i would love to find a modern version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 09, 2010

    I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete