_

_

7.07.2010

carousel & mini trains.




I was a little too giddy to take these two photos over at Howarth Park, officially my favorite summertime spot. I am enthralled by the ancient chimes of wonder, adventure, and simplicity that is usually characterized by the essence of childhood. These two photos reflect a deep feeling that's been residing within me for some time. A feeling of wonder, adventure, and simplicity. Or rather a desire for it. 


These summer days have been moving rather slowly than what I'm used to. Of course one part is due to the fact that I am not employed for the next two months, but that was a personal choice. A major part, I recently realized, is the drastic comparison of last summer to this summer. Last summer I was planning my wedding with my hubs, worked at a daycare, had a wedding shower, had my wedding (anniversary coming up soon!), went on a two week honeymoon, got in a serious car accident, transferred to a new college, made quite a move up North and so on and so on. I was crazy busy last summer! And now I'm just trying to figure out the rest of my life. 


*cheers to life*

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos as always, i really love the coloring in these! hope your summer is going really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh to be a kid again!

    your summer sounds just like mine! last year i was planning a wedding and working and now i am just enjoying my first break from school in over four years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, with the business of last summer it sounds like you need some time to relax this summer! Good luck figuring things out, that is something I'm struggling with too. 8)

    ReplyDelete