_

_

10.23.2012

walks at the park.


going on long walks with my little always feels like a little adventure. as a long distance runner, i've always loved the feeling of being outdoors, racing by with my playlist of  music plugged into my ears. but walking is so different, and ten times better with my baby in tow. i love playing tour guide with my baby boy pointing out things like, "oh, look jace a GREEN PINE TREE, mama's favorite!" or "do you see the baby squirrel!?" or "can you see all the soccer players? mama used to play soccer on these fields when she was little." It's always entertaining to see his expressions when he sees what I'm blabbing on and on about. Having my little walking buddy has taught me how to   s l o w  d o w n  and really take in my surroundings rather than just running by. although to be honest, i find myself starring at my baby in awe more than the pathway ahead of me. 

of course.

luckily, this park is just across the street from us. it has a mile long pathway that winds in and out of pine trees, passes by horses on a ranch, crazy squirrels prancing everywhere, and lots and lots of athletes playing soccer and baseball. it's our breath of fresh air when we need to get out but not pack the car and diaper bag with everything because you know just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment